Star of the Magi: Sunday, May 17th. New Moon in Taurus.
Deck: Linestrider Tarot Deck
1. Sunday (Sun) True Self, Ego, Life Force, Money King of Wands
2. Monday (Moon) Emotions, Changes, Journeys The Hanged Man
3. Tuesday (Mars) Ambition, Energy, Risk Three of Cups
4. Wednesday (Mercury) Communication, Business Matters The Hermit
5. Thursday (Jupiter) Faith, Luck, Abundance Nine of Wands
6. Friday (Venus) Love, Beauty, Pleasure Knight of Wands
7. Saturday (Saturn) Discipline, Work, Stability Three of Wands
Notes on Deck: The Linestrider Deck is new to my collection. This is the first time I’ve used it. The author says it’s “gentle and whimsical, but not superficial” and I could not agree more. It’s a deck with a lot of white space around gentle watercolors. The images are sometimes human, sometimes animal, with surprising depth. (Click here for the Deck Interview.)
Notes on Spread: 2 Majors, 2 Court Cards – both Wands, 2 3’s and a 9 for Pips. 4 of the 7 are Wands.
Thoughts for the Week: I like the juxtaposition of the King of Wands as my ‘true self’ but the Hanged Man as my ‘reflection.’ That’s very true right now after a hard week. The other cards are spot on for what is supposed to happen. Tonight I fly to a conference. I had a terrible end to the week on Friday, and am looking forward to being out of the office and connecting with old friends who appreciate me for who I am – the Three of Cups, the Hermit. That Three of cups is a great sign on the day I present with two other people, and I am known in my profession for being an introvert who is surprisingly eager to present and speak up on panels, so I think the Hermit bodes well in ‘communication.’ I’ll return on Thursday, hopefully feeling like I have the reserves needed to carry on at work – Nine of Wands and to my knight in shining armor. Yup, I see my husband in that ‘love’ card up on that white horse. The Three of Wands points to the fact that I’ll rely on his enthusiasm for a friend’s birthday party to get me up and going.