Star of the Magi: Sunday, May 24th
Deck: Tarot Del Fuego Deck
1. Sunday (Sun) True Self, Ego, Life Force, Money Justice
2. Monday (Moon) Emotions, Changes, Journeys The Knight of Cups
3. Tuesday (Mars) Ambition, Energy, Risk Eight of Wands
4. Wednesday (Mercury) Communication, Business Matters Six of Wands
5. Thursday (Jupiter) Faith, Luck, Abundance The Magician
6. Friday (Venus) Love, Beauty, Pleasure Seven of Cups
7. Saturday (Saturn) Discipline, Work, Stability Six of Coins
Notes on Deck: I’ve had the Tarot Del Fuego for a while, and really enjoy working with it. It’s a deck from an artist named Ricardo Cavalo and his sensibility – faces with many eyes, things on fire, multi-layered images – really lends itself to the tarot. Click here for the Deck Interview.
Notes on Spread: 2 Majors, 1 Court Card, 4 Pips – One 8, One 7 and Two 6s.
Thoughts for the Week: I recognized my week in a lot of these images right away. Today, I am Justice, caring for my lion (my husband is a Leo) and tomorrow I have off for Memorial Day and am really looking forward to the contemplation that will provide (Hello Knight of Cups). Tuesday will be busy, as the Eight of Wands implies, and the card seems to say I’ll be trying to just hold it all together. Wednesday I’ll clearly need to be ready to shut down some critics – which might mean a conversation I know is coming but am dreading will happen then. I LOVE seeing the Magician on Thursday, as I’m interviewing for an teammate this month, and have high hopes for the candidate I’m bringing to my office that day. Friday as Seven of Cups and the Six of Coins on Saturday point to what I think will be an emotional two days as the school where I work will be preparing for the frothy fantasy of Saturday’s Graduation. (In fact, that bloody hand over flowers is particularly apt, as I’ll be helping with flowers and last minute dress emergencies that morning. What do you want to bet a little blood is spilled on some flowers?) We’ll see in a week…