Star of the Magi: Sunday, December 31st, 2017
Deck: The Augenblick Tarot
1. Sunday (Sun) True Self, Ego, Life Force, Money: The ‘Seeker’ Card
2. Monday (Moon)Emotions, Changes, Journeys: 2 of Cups
3. Tuesday (Mars) Ambition, Energy, Risk: 4 of Wands
4. Wednesday (Mercury) Communication, Business Matters: Page of Swords
5. Thursday (Jupiter) Faith, Luck, Abundance: Queen of Coins
6. Friday (Venus) Love, Beauty, Pleasure: Justice
7. Saturday (Saturn) Discipline, Work, Stability: King of Wands, King of Swords
This deck is square, and it felt odd to spread it out in the Star of the Magi formation. I put it in rows when I read it, and then in the star pattern. Here’s what it really looked like:
Thoughts for the Week: This reading seems to be saying a few things – 1) take care of the practicalities, but also don’t forget about the emotional side of things. 2) you need to acknowledge how important work and community are in your life – and who you need to be when you show up there.
1. Sunday (Sun) True Self, Ego, Life Force, Money – The ‘Seeker’ Card
How you get your life force revitalized: Actually, what I asked was ‘Who am I at the start of 2018?’ and this card appeared. I’m not even sure it’s officially a part of the deck, or just the cover image, but I love it. It’s a Seeker card if I ever saw one, and represents the client or reader as needed. And so who am I at the start? Myself. A pragmatic and enigmatic answer both.
2. Monday (Moon) Emotions, Changes, Journeys 2 of Cups
How you get your emotional needs met: This is actually a fully reversed card, in a deck that’s square and can be read in all directions. I think it’s pointing out that I’m not paying enough attention to my emotions as I make my plans and resolutions.
3. Tuesday (Mars) Ambition, Energy, Risk 4 of Wands
How you express your energy. Your drives: No surprise that the card of networking and community turns up, right side up, on the day I go back to work!
4. Wednesday (Mercury) Communication, Business Matters Page of Swords
This card is all about not communicating well, on the day of communication. The day when I have big meetings. Ugh.
5. Thursday (Jupiter) Faith, Luck, Abundance Queen of Coins
How you achieve a sense of faith and optimism: I have optimism by feeling secure and in control, and comfortable. Don’t forget to pay attention to the practicalities, she says.
6. Friday (Venus) Love, Beauty, Pleasure Justice
How you express love. I’m not sure what to make of this, a card that’s always seemed cold to me, on Friday. Perhaps because my husband will be away, and I’ll miss him?
7. Saturday (Saturn) Discipline, Work, Stability King of Wands, King of Swords
Your work ethic. The way you embody discipline: Be large and in charge when you return to work. And remember, charisma is better than a perfect turn of phrase.