Star of the Magi: Sunday, November 13, 2012
Deck: The Tarot of Prague
1. Sunday (Sun) True Self, Ego, Life Force, Money: 9 of Swords
2. Monday (Moon)Emotions, Changes, Journeys: Death
3. Tuesday (Mars) Ambition, Energy, Risk: King of Cups
4. Wednesday (Mercury) Communication, Business Matters: Star
5. Thursday (Jupiter) Faith, Luck, Abundance: 8 of Swords
6. Friday (Venus) Love, Beauty, Pleasure: 2 of Coins
7. Saturday (Saturn) Discipline, Work, Stability: 10 of Cups
Thoughts for the Week: Like so many others in my country (the majority, statistically speaking) I am deeply upset about the results of the election. I’m worried for what it says about where we are as a nation, and worried for the future. I returned to a tarot spread that I’ve done for years, hoping to find comfort and a bit of a way forward. The Star of the Magi Planetary Septagram did not disappoint.
1. Sunday (Sun) True Self, Ego, Life Force, Money
How you get your life force revitalized: “The 9 of Swords reflects the fact that you feel like you are in a bit of a nightmare situation. You are up late, in the dark, worrying.” Yes. It’s been a hard week. I’m deeply disturbed by recent events. I feel tense and irritable. I’m having trouble sleeping.
2. Monday (Moon) Emotions, Changes, Journeys
How you get your emotional needs met: “The Death card is a signal that great changes might be needed to feel true to yourself again.” Yes. I’ve been thinking along these lines a lot lately. It’s time for big, unpleasant changes both nationally and my own life.
3. Tuesday (Mars) Ambition, Energy, Risk
How you express your energy. Your drives: “The King of Cups is a signal that you seek to be more in control of your emotions.” Yes. I’ll be more effective if I’m using my grief and anxiety for fuel. I also see this King in particular as master of a meditation practice, and that’s something I was thinking of focusing on first as a way to ensure that I was practicing self care, and able to stay calm and centered for the scared kids in my care.
4. Wednesday (Mercury) Communication, Business Matters
The Star on November 16th is a big deal to me. It’s a huge sign that something I’d been planning that day is welcome, needed, and will go well. I won’t go into detail, but it’s so comforting to see her here I got a little teary.
5. Thursday (Jupiter) Faith, Luck, Abundance
How you achieve a sense of faith and optimism: “The 8 of Swords is not the nicest card here, but it also symbolizes that you can easily make change. You just have to lift the blindfold off, step out of the circle of swords.” Ain’t that the truth for most of us who were shocked by the results and following uptick in hate crimes and harassment.
6. Friday (Venus) Love, Beauty, Pleasure
How you express love. Who/What attracts you: “The 2 of Coins points to the fact that you are finding pleasure in two separate, perhaps competing endeavors.” Yeah. Can we say ‘hello, blog, my old friend’?
7. Saturday (Saturn) Discipline, Work, Stability
Your work ethic. The way you embody discipline: “The 10 of Cups here signals that a stable home life, deep love in relationships and a practice of kindness are the way to ground yourself.” I love that. In the last few days whenever I’ve wanted to cry, I’ve gotten up and paid someone a compliment, sent an e-mail of thanks. It’s good medicine.